Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content- Philippians 4:11

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sojourn to Savannah ~ September 2015 ~ Day 1

Meeting at the Girl Scout office this morning to load up and start heading towards Savannah, GA! This weekend is their Sojourn weekend that is offered twice a year at the Birthplace. Best I can understand, it is set up for leaders to come and learn how to bring their troop to Savannah. The Girl Scouts Diamonds Council set up a trip for the adults and since my troop is wanting to come to Savannah in a couple years - here we are!



Leaving out, our first stop was lunch in Memphis at Gus' Fried Chicken. There's one in Little Rock, but I've never eaten there. It was ok - but it's spicy!! Glad I tried it, but I won't be rushing out to have it again! 


Back on the road after lunch, we made it to Tupelo, MS at Elvis Presley Birthplace. First thing there - find the geocache!  There were actually two within the area and out group found both Elvis Presley Birthplace and Memphis Blues Trail. We spent about an hour at the Birthplace. I'm not a huge Elvis fanatic, and I have been before, but it was a good stopping point to get out and stretch. 


We had a couple more stretch/gas/potty breaks, but the final stop for the evening was Birmingham, AL. Dinner was at Ruby Tuesday - we have one of those in Little Rock as well, but I hadn't eaten there. Food was yummy! 

Long day of being in the car, everyone was tired and we crashed fairly early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment