Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content- Philippians 4:11

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sojourn to Savannah ~ September 2015 ~ Day 5

First stop on the last day before home was Laurel Grove Cemetery.  This is where Juliette's family, along with the Low family is buried.  The cemetery was very old, full of trees covered in Spanish Moss and gorgeous!  These photos do not do it justice!!




After the stop at the cemetery, we headed to Tybee Island and the Tybee Lighthouse!  This is one of the items on my bucket list.  Climb to the top of a lighthouse.  I knew it was going to be rough on me, so I was cautious about what all I did yesterday, and sadly, I missed out on a bit- including being able to walk down the pier and to the ocean - I just knew I couldn't do it.


Here goes nothing!


Made it to the top!


 The light from the outside.


Selfie at the top! You can see how red and winded I look!

Atlantic Ocean from the top!


This was taken from the bottom - can't see me, but I was up there!!

We had lunch at North Beach Bar and Grill - split a HUGE burger with Carol! After lunch, a few went down to the beach and out to the ocean.  Carol took tons of photos for me and she got me some sand! 

Tybee Marine Science Center is a small aquarium that is there on the beach.  They do have some programming for scouts, but even if you don't do that, it was a cheap, fun, quick stop - with some super cute animals!  One of the ladies let us sneak in the back and see the babies!!

Most of the group walked down the pier.  I thought about trying to go with them, but they disappeared before I had checked out and I wasn't going to try and catch them.

Once we were done in Tybee, it was time to hit the road to Atlanta.  In Atlanta - SURPRISE- Skyview Atlanta!!!  It was late, dark and the streets were a little scary in Atlanta - but the Ferris Wheel was AWESOME!!  







 It was really late when we got done here, and we were still about an hour from the hotel.  Time to get to bed - tomorrow is straight driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment